Romanesque Route (en) | Buildings

Cistercian Monastery of Sanctae Mariae ad Portam, Schulpforte

The Cistercian monastery of St. Mary at the Gate is a landmark on the ‘Romanesque Road’ tourist trail. From the 12th to the 14th century, it was one of the wealthiest and most powerful monasteries in central Germany.

The Pforta monastery existed between 1137 and 1540. In 1543, the Pforte state school was set up in these buildings. Over the course of time, a series of subsequently renowned men emerged from the school, including F. G. Klopstock, J. G. Fichte and Friedrich Nietzsche. Most of the historical buildings that are still preserved on the former monastery grounds can be visited.

Zurück

Informations

Zisterzienserkloster Sanctae Mariae ad Portam

Schulstraße
06618 Naumburg (Saale) OT Schulpforte

Gesonderte Postanschrift

Besucherzentrum Schulpforte Stiftung Schulpforta Schulstraße 22 06628 Naumburg (Saale) OT Schulpforte


Öffnungszeiten

April bis Oktober
täglich 10 - 18 Uhr

November bis März
Fr. - So.: 10 - 16 Uhr

Audioguide wird empfohlen

Ein barrierefreier Zugang ist vorhanden.