Collegiate church of St Cyriacus, Frose
In about 950, Margrave Gero founded a Benedictine monastery in Frose, which he converted into a convent in 959/61, making over control of it and its property to the convent he had also founded in Gernrode.
The collegiate church was first built in around 1170. In the 13th century, alterations were carried out in the choir and on the western part of the structure. In the 18th century, the side apses were demolished and the transept arms were shortened into parts of the side aisles. The neo-Romanesque furnishings, with altar, glazed windows, pulpit, lectern and pews, dates from 1892. Only the organ is older; it was made in 1712-1716 by David Zuberbier, and rebuilt in 1840-1845. It underwent fundamental renovation in 1912.