Premonstratensian convent of St. Mary an St. Nicholas, Jerichow
Founded in 1144 as a missionary stronghold for the Christianisation of the Elbe Slavs, the preserved Romanesque monastery is one of the oldest brick
buildings east of the River Elbe. Shortly after, about 20 Romanesque village churches were built around the monastery. The monastery museum provides information about the history and significance of this monastery, which closed in the 16th century.