Romanesque Route (en) | Buildings

Pretzin village church

The village church of St. Thomas was built in 1140 on the orders of margrave Albert the Bear. Much of the unostentatious Romanesque stone building has survived.

Inside is one of the most important examples of late Romanesque wall painting from between 1220 and 1230. The fresco secco paintings depict a wide range of iconographical images. It was only in 1973 that they were discovered and exposed. The Romanesque baptismal font is also interesting. During restoration, the windows were returned to their original size.

Zurück

Informations

St.-Thomas-Kirche

Dr.-Martin-Luther-Straße
39218 Schönebeck (Elbe) OT Pretzien

Gesonderte Postanschrift

Ev. Pfarramt Gommern Herrn Pfarrer Michael Seils Am Kirchplatz 3 39245 Gommern


Öffnungszeiten

Mai - September
Sa. und So.: 14 - 16 Uhr

sonst nach Absprache mit dem Pfarramt Gommern (Tel.: 039200 51445)

Ein barrierefreier Zugang ist vorhanden.