Village church of St. Peter's, Leitzkau
The village church of St. Peters was consecrated in 1114, and is believed to be the oldest stone (greywacke) church east of the Elbe.
In 1140 the church was extended into a three-nave basilica, which served as a bishops see until 1161. In 1737, large windows were added; the two side aisles and apses had earlier been removed and the arches bricked up. Interesting features include the fireplace with stucco relief, the 18th century pulpit altar, the stucco work on the baroque ceiling of the box pew, a crucifix dated 1620, a sandstone baptismal font dated 1620, the organ folder and some tombs.